Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What the ................?



i had my first LOL with fake boobage the other day. the LOL (little old lady), was in for something or other, i can't remember what, but anyways, i go to listen to her lungs and there they were.

usually, i start by listening first to one side of the chest, then the other side in the same spot, and work my way down. i usually listen to at least 3 points per lung. only..........when i went in for the listen on the second spot, the.......um........appendages in question, refused to move. (patented nurse j high squeaky voice) *awk-ward. *

usually, LOL anatomy dictates that the, um, tissue lies flat alongside the side of the chest, due to the combined factors of gravity and well, gravity, and not perkily pointing at the ceiling tiles. normally, the last point, um part on the lungs that i listen to are these precise places. generally, i have to use the back of my hand to discretely lift said breastest tissue and place the bell of my stethoscope there to listen.

it was hard to listen to the heart as well, cuz, well, the twin towers wouldn't move. it's kinda weird to think that someday that lady will be nothing more than bones and, ......um, two bags of silicone.

about the pictures........well, never let it be said that my due diligence in researching for my posts was lacking (using google for the term 'old lady boobs' can count as research, right?). the first was actually from an ad for a thing you can put in between your melons while sleeping to combat the dastardly effects of gravity. remember, sag never sleeps, even if you do.

and the other is what a boobs job looks like now. yeck.

as for the after i had to deal with on my shift, dear readers, i'll just let your imagination fill in the ......er.........blanks.

4 comments:

L&D said...

Mmmmm. You said boobs.

Albinoblackbear said...

HAHAHAHA!

Ok! Finally! Another nurse with old lady fakey stories!

I had a similar case my first year of nursing in the ED doing an EKG on an 80 something year old woman. When I pulled up her gown to attach the stickies she was a bag of wrinkles *except* her very large and heaven-ward-pointing-smooth-as-melons bazoombas. Wow. It actually shocked the hell out of me until her daughter (double E's and granddaughter double G's) walked in and I saw that body dysmorphism disorder AND silicone ran in the family. Wow. Just. Wow.

Cartoon Characters said...

Love love love your blog. I really like the perspective of an alternate gendered RN. :)

Anonymous said...

I was a student nurse doing my morning assessment with a staff nurse when I noticed small, hard, asymmetrical lumps on this little old lady's chest. I'm just glad I waited until we were out of the room to ask, "What were those things? Tumors?"